In this blog post, we’ll describe the components that you must download and install on the SAP S/4HANA system for integration with SAP Ariba solutions.
You can download SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway from SAP Support Portal. SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway is available to new customers for download and installation, and existing customers can upgrade their existing add-on installations.
Note that SAP Ariba supports only the most recent two versions of the support pack used when installing SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway, usually referred to as the n and n-1 versions.
Downloading and Installing SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway, Add-on for SAP S/4HANA
This add-on can be downloaded from SAP Support Portal using the following steps:
- Choose the Installation & Upgrades option, as shown below.
- Go to Downloads • INSTALLATIONS & UPGRADES.
- Expand By Alphabetical Index (A-Z) and choose A.
- Search for “ARIBA,” and you’ll see the following options for download:
- ARIBA CLOUD INT S/4HANA 1.0 (attribute change package for ARBCI1 10S)
- ARIBA CLOUD INT S/4HANA 1.0 (attribute change package for ARBCI1 20S)
- Download the package ARIBA CLOUD INT S/4HANA 1.0 (ARBCIGR 10S) if you’re an SAP for Retail customer, as shown in the next three figures.
- Now, go to SUPPORT PACKAGES & PATCHES.
- Click on COMPRISED SOFTWARE VERSION COMPONENTS for a list of available versions. Download them all in a sequence of oldest to newest (for example, from SP1 to SP14), as shown in the next two figures. These support packages provide enhancements and fixes to SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway. We always recommend you download and install the latest support package whenever one is available.
- If middleware is being used, download the XI packages in the same section of COMPRISED SOFTWARE VERSION COMPONENTS. Download the following packages, as shown below:
- XI CONTENT ARBCI1 10S
- XI CONTENT ARBCI2 10S
- XI CONTENT ARBCIGR 10S (applicable only for SAP for Retail solutions)
- Once all the components are downloaded, click on Download Basket and install all the selected packages. After all the components are successfully installed in SAP S/4HANA, check their system status on the Installed Product Versions screen shown here.
Downloading and Installing SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway, Add-on for SAP S/4HANA Upgrade
You can upgrade to higher versions of SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway on your SAP S/4HANA systems. These components can be downloaded and upgraded via SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
The key is to download and install all the versions higher than the existing version, in a sequence. For example, if the current version installed is ARBCI1 10S: SP008, download and install the higher versions in the following sequence:
- ARBCI1 10S:SP009
- ARBCI1 10S:SP0010
- ARBCI1 10S:SP0011
- ARBCI1 10S:SP0012
- ARBCI1 10S:SP0013
- ARBCI1 10S:SP0014
Follow these steps:
- Go to SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
- Choose Installation & Upgrades.
- Go to Downloads • By Alphabetical Index (A-Z).
- Expand By Alphabetical Index (A-Z).
- Choose A and then select ARIBA CLOUD INT S/4HANA from the category list. The DOWNLOADS page appears.
- Select ARIBA CLOUD INT S/4 HANA • SUPPORT AND PACKAGES.
- On the DOWNLOADS page, select COMPROMISED SOFTWARE VERSIONS.
- Download and install the service packs as needed. Click Download Basket to download and install the selected packages.2
- Once installed, the service pack information is displayed with the package information in your SAP S/4HANA system. From the SAP menu bar, go to System • Status. This step only provides information for checking which service pack is currently applied to your SAP ERP system.
Downloading Software Components Using the Maintenance Planner
You can also use the maintenance planner to install and upgrade the components for SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway. This approach is specifically useful for planning system upgrades. Follow these steps:
- Go to SAP ONE Support Launchpad and choose Maintenance Planner in the On-Premise section.
- Choose Explore Systems.
- Choose the software you need to install and add it to the download basket.
- Choose the required components, as described in this post.
Editor’s note: This post has been adapted from a section of the Integrating SAP Ariba with SAP S/4HANA by Mohana Singh and Divya Srivastava.