Sales processes are fundamental for almost every SAP S/4HANA implementation. For that reason, SAP partners and customers highly value certified SAP S/4HANA Sales consultants.
Specifically, they’re looking for candidates with a solid background in both SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA. In this blog post, we’ll highlight two popular SAP S/4HANA Sales certification exams, along with a few other related certifications.
Certifications for SAP S/4HANA Sales
Two common SAP S/4HANA Sales certifications include the SAP S/4HANA Sales 2020 Certification and SAP S/4HANA Sales 2020 Upskilling Certification exams. Let’s take a look at both.
SAP S/4HANA Sales 2020 Certification Exam
This associate-level exam is the most common starting point for SAP sales professionals. Most of the exam’s content is based on the same content as the SAP ERP 6.0 certification tracks, so those well-versed in SAP ERP are already in pretty good shape. However, you will need SAP S/4HANA knowledge, too. You can find the key SAP S/4HANA-specific details you need in order to pass this exam in our SAP S/4HANA Sales Certification Guide.
This certification reflects each new version of the SAP S/4HANA system and is updated for each release. Since it is an associate-level exam, anyone interested in this certification should already have some hands-on experience in a role relevant to sales, using SAP ERP 6.0 or SAP S/4HANA, and have good knowledge of the prerequisite education courses.
To prepare for the exam, you should study the following topics: sales process and analytics, sales documents, billing process and customizing, shipping process and customizing, master data, pricing and the condition technique, organizational structures, customizing for basic functions and cross functions, availability check, and advanced ATP.
The certification exam consists of 80 questions of the following types:
- Multiple selection (type 1), for which you must select the 2 correct answers out of the 4 available options.
- Multiple selection (type 2), for which you must select the 3 correct answers out of the 5 available options.
To pass the SAP S/4HANA Sales 2020 Certification exam, you must answer 63% of the questions correctly, meaning that you’ll need a total score of at least 50 out of 80.
SAP S/4HANA Sales 2020 Upskilling Certification Exam
This exam is suitable for sales consultants who have previous experience in sales and distribution in SAP ERP 6.0. However, this exam differs from the one above in the sense that it is not a starting point for sales professionals: It’s designed for existing consultants who want to upskill by becoming familiar with the latest sales functions of SAP S/4HANA 2020.
Topics to study include master data and organizational structures, SAP S/4HANA innovations, sales, pricing, shipping, simplifications, billing, cross-functional customizing, and next-generation technologies.
The format of the exam is quite similar to the SAP S/4HANA Sales 2020 certification exam, with a slightly higher passing threshold—64% instead of 63%, meaning you must answer 51 out of 80 questions correctly.
Many other certifications are interrelated and may be of interest to aspiring SAP S/4HANA Sales consultants. The more useful certifications related to the SAP S/4HANA Sales area include the following.
- C_ACTIVATE13: SAP Certified Associate – SAP Activate Project Manager
- This certification builds on basic consultancy skills in any functional area and extends these skills into the project management space. This certification exam tests communication and presentation skills, as well as the candidate’s knowledge of the agile SAP methodology, known as SAP Activate. To prepare for this exam, check out this book.
- C_S4EWM_1909: SAP Certified Application Associate – Extended Warehouse Management with SAP S/4HANA
- Some knowledge of the strategic logistics solution SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) is crucial to becoming an SAP S/4HANA Sales consultant. Candidates interested in this area would do well to follow this certification track as a useful add-on to their sales experience.
- C_TM_95: SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP Transportation Management 9.5
- Consultants who find themselves applying their knowledge predominantly in the logistics area may find they have exposure to the related SAP functionality in SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM). For sales folks, this certification track is recommended as an add-on to an SAP S/4HANA Sales certification rather than a standalone certification.
- C_TS410_2020: SAP Certified Application Associate – Business Process Integration with SAP S/4HANA 2020
- This certification is a useful starting point for SAP S/4HANA consultants, and provides a sound platform of knowledge around key business process fundamentals in the system. Overall, this certification is a good place to begin your certification journey.
About the SAP S/4HANA Sales Certification Guide book
We know that taking exams can be stressful, and that a good study partner goes a long way. That’s why we published the SAP S/4HANA Sales Certification Guide! For those of you getting ready for the C_TS462_2020 or C_TS460_2020 exams, meet your new study buddy.
Get acquainted with SAP S/4HANA innovations and analytics, as you’ll get to know key principles including important user interface (UI) changes and the concept of embedded analytics.
Learn what it means to customize settings for the various organizational units relevant for sales processes, and discover the most important sales master data records such as material master data, customer-material information records, and master data for pricing.
The next few chapters are all about customization for sales documents, basic sales and distribution functions, and cross-functional sales processes. You’ll then take a look at the central approach for performing material availability checks in sales documents.
Learn about the relevant customizing and information records for using the condition technique for pricing. You’ll also review the sequence of typical and special business processes in sales, as well as some helpful tools within the application.
Move on to the main features of the shipping process, along with the billing process and the meaning of major billing document types and the corresponding customization settings.
Go over the simplification list of SAP S/4HANA and review how new functionality can be put to good use, focusing on the key areas of business partners, analytics, business rule frameworks, and amendments to the sales data structure.
Wrap up with details on SAP Business Technology Platform, which encompasses next-generation technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, machine learning, big data, and the native SAP chat bot, SAP CoPilot.
Who Is This Book For?
Anyone looking for core knowledge of the SAP S/4HANA Sales consulting profile for certification purposes will find this resource useful. This book is specifically for anyone preparing for either the C_TS462_2020 or C_TS460_2020 exams.
Learn here how our book helped one reader achieve certification.
About the Author
Darío Franco is an experienced SAP S/4HANA business analyst who has more than 13 years of functional and technical SAP experience. His background is in sales and distribution, but he has practical knowledge across a wide range of functions such as order-to-cash, materials management, logistics execution, procure-to-pay, service management, warehouse management, ABAP programming, and EDI. His focus is on using SAP S/4HANA to create robust solutions that deliver real results to businesses.
Jon Simmonds is an experienced IT architect who has specialized in SAP systems for the past 19 years. His background is in sales and distribution, but he has practical knowledge across a wide range of functions such as order-to-cash, materials management, procure-to-pay, SAP Fiori, ABAP programming, and EDI. His focus is on enabling innovation and cost savings through SAP S/4HANA.
How to Purchase
If you’re interested in purchasing SAP S/4HANA Sales Certification Guide, follow this link and choose the format that works best for you: e-book, print edition, or bundle (both e-book and print).
If you want to continue learning about SAP S/4HANA Sales, or if you want information on other upcoming books or special offers, make sure to sign up for our topic newsletters or our weekly blog recap.