Here are the steps to follow:
1. In SAP Web IDE, choose the MyTile project, and deploy your project by choosing Deploy > Deploy to SAP Cloud Platform.
2. Leave the default options unchanged and click Deploy.
3. Wait for this step to complete, then click Register to SAP Fiori Launchpad in the pop-up window once it appears.
4. Keep all things default and click Next twice, then click Finish.
5. Click OK to close the pop-up window.
6. Open a new browser window, then open the Administration page of SAP Cloud Platform Portal.
7. Follow menu path Content Management > Apps in the left panel.
8. Locate MyTile, click it, and click Edit, as shown below.
9. Switch to the Visualization tab and choose No Tile for the Tile Type property, as shown in the following figure. The tile is not like a normal SAPUI5 application. We add the tile here just so it can be accessed via SAP Fiori launchpad, and we choose No Tile because it doesn’t need a tile display in SAP Fiori launchpad.
10. Click Save.
11. Switch to the Properties tab, scroll down, find the App Resources Details section, and jot down the values for SAPUI5 Component and HTML5 App Name. You’ll use these values when setting visualization options for your app. This tab is shown below.
You’ve deployed your tile successfully in SAP Fiori launchpad! From here, you can use your tile for a previously created app.
Editor’s note: This post has been adapted from a section of the book SAP Fiori Launchpad: Development and Extensibility by Steve Guo.