RISE with SAP is an offering available for customers planning to migrate and/or implement an SAP system on the cloud.
RISE with SAP is a subscription service that groups existing SAP products, assets, and services to provide SAP’s customers with business transformation as a service. (Learn more about RISE with SAP here.) The core idea of this new service is the ability for SAP customers to start and manage their digital transformation journeys through a single contract (instead of having multiple contracts for implementation, support, etc.) that can be tailored to the specific requirements of the customer.
Once you decide to leverage RISE with SAP for your journey, you will have access to a range of solutions, tools, and services such as SAP S/4HANA Cloud, system hosting options, the SAP Business Network starter pack for SAP S/4HANA, SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), and business process intelligence.
In this post, we further explore the key features offered by RISE with SAP via business process intelligence and SAP BTP.
Business Process Intelligence
Business process intelligence is a solution that aims to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach for businesses to understand, innovate, and transform their end-to-end processes continuously. Business process intelligence contains the following core components:
- Analyze: Analyze and understand the system data to assess what processes work well and what processes don’t live up to expectations.
- Design and simulate: Create and run business simulations based on available business data and evaluate which scenarios/simulations would provide the best results.
- Improve: Improve efficiency through the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and other advanced automation tools made available by SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation.
- Roll out: Utilize process management and governing capabilities that enable a single source of truth for documentation, which can be leveraged by all system users.
- Monitor: Ensure the system and processes are running as intended and keep an eye on the performance of the implemented solution.
SAP’s acquisition of Signavio, a leader in the enterprise business process intelligence and process management space, has allowed SAP to combine companies’ services and products and has further bolstered SAP’s ability to support both process transformation and enterprise transformation. The figure below provides an overview of the combined offerings from SAP Signavio.
SAP Business Technology Platform
SAP BTP is a PaaS solution that focuses on enabling the success of customers’ intelligent enterprises through data management, system extension, and integration with SAP applications and other third-party systems.
There are four main components of SAP BTP, which are analytics, application development and integration, database and data management, and intelligent technologies. If these components sound familiar, it is because they were part of SAP Cloud Platform, which has been phased out. However, SAP BTP is not just a new name for SAP Cloud Platform, as can be seen in the next figure. SAP has widened the scope and offerings available in this solution. Let’s take a closer look at the four main pillars (or components) of SAP BTP:
- Database and data management: Allows for complete control over the data landscape with an end-to-end view of all data through a single gateway.
- Analytics: Provides embedded business intelligence (BI) and predictive planning, helps businesses visualize their decisions, and quickly turns insights into actions.
- Application development and integration: Creates a platform for enterprise applications to be built, integrated, and deployed quickly by leveraging low-code/no-code development.
- Intelligent technologies: Uses innovations from AI, machine learning, robotic process automation (RPA), and the Internet of Things (IoT) to innovate and enhance business processes by combining users’ knowledge and expertise with computer insights.
RISE with SAP is a powerful offering for those getting started with cloud ERP such as SAP S/4HANA Cloud. In this post, we briefly introduced you to the offering’s tools via SAP Signavio and SAP BTP.
Editor’s note: This post has been adapted from a section of the book Logistics with SAP S/4HANA: An Introduction by Deb Bhattacharjee, Vishal Khandalkar, Falguni Thompson, and Guillermo B. Vazquez.