In the realm of enterprise technology, SAP has consistently been a trailblazer, providing innovative solutions that empower businesses to thrive in the digital age.
As organizations look to enhance their operations and drive growth, they are presented with a range of SAP offerings, including RISE with SAP, GROW with SAP, and various versions of SAP S/4HANA. But which is right for your company? The answer is it depends, as all bring different benefits to your business. In this blog post, let’s delve into the distinctions between these offerings and provide insights into when each one is the optimal choice.
RISE with SAP: Elevating Transformation
RISE with SAP is a comprehensive offering tailored towards large and upper-mid market businesses that transcend traditional technology solutions. It's designed to empower businesses to navigate digital transformation seamlessly and elevate their operations to new heights. It provides a set of bundled products for a single price, all under one contract with SAP.
Those who buy a RISE with SAP license will get access to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud suite of finance, supply chain, sales, and R&D functionalities; SAP Business Network Starter Pack; SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) via consumption credits, and other embedded tools, services, and business process intelligence capabilities.
RISE with SAP is suitable for organizations seeking a holistic approach to their transformation journey, integrating technology, strategy, and sustainability in a unified package.
You might choose RISE with SAP if you have the following needs.
- If your organization is embarking on a comprehensive digital transformation journey or brownfield project that spans processes, networks, and sustainability initiatives, RISE with SAP offers a robust framework to work off.
- If your business heavily relies on collaboration with partners, suppliers, and customers, RISE with SAP's business network capabilities can enhance transparency and efficiency.
- For organizations aiming to embed sustainability into their operations, RISE with SAP's sustainability focus provides tools to measure, manage, and report on environmental and social impacts.
GROW with SAP: Nurturing Business Expansion
GROW with SAP is an offering based on the ideas of RISE with SAP, but tailored more towards small- and medium-sized businesses looking to fuel growth. They can achieve this by unlocking new opportunities, driving innovation, and enhancing customer experiences. GROW with SAP is a solution that aligns technology with strategic goals, enabling organizations to scale their operations effectively.
GROW with SAP comes in two editions—base and premium. The base version is for those with cost constraints, have fewer requirements, or need just the bare minimum in terms of SAP functionality. The premium edition offers more capabilities in areas such as cash management, receivables, management, and advanced financial close. Those who buy a GROW with SAP license get access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition as well as SAP BTP.
GROW with SAP focuses on customer engagement, business model innovation, and employee experience, making it ideal for businesses seeking expansion through improved processes and customer-centric strategies.
You might choose GROW with SAP if you have the following needs.
- If your organization is in a growth phase and needs to efficiently scale its operations with a greenfield SAP project, GROW with SAP's emphasis on innovation and customer engagement can be highly valuable.
- If enhancing customer experiences and building lasting relationships is a top priority, GROW with SAP provides tools to nurture customer engagement.
- If your business is looking to diversify its offerings or explore new business models, GROW with SAP supports innovation and agility.
SAP S/4HANA: Empowering Core Operations
SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s flagship, next-generation enterprise resource planning suite designed to streamline core business processes. It offers real-time insights, simplified workflows, and a modern user experience. Choosing to use SAP S/4HANA, whether on-premise or in the cloud, is ideal for organizations seeking to optimize their core operations and processes, and often serves as a foundational step before embarking on broader transformation initiatives.
SAP S/4HANA features many upgrades over the preceding suite, SAP ERP, including the Universal Journal, SAP Fiori UI, and more. It currently features many lines of business with powerful functionality for business users, in areas such as finance, sourcing and procurement, manufacturing, supply chain, asset management, sales, R&D, and engineering.
SAP S/4HANA isn’t built for a specific company size; small businesses all the way up to multinational conglomerates can find benefits with SAP S/4HANA. Those who buy a license can purchase an on-premise version, in which the customer hosts the system, or a cloud version, where SAP hosts the system. There are benefits to both options, depending on your business's unique needs.
You might choose SAP S/4HANA if you have the following needs.
- If your main goal is to streamline and optimize core business processes, an SAP S/4HANA license is a good choice.
- If your current ERP system is outdated and you're looking for a more agile and efficient solution, SAP S/4HANA provides a modern technological foundation. If you’re on SAP ERP, there are only a few more years before SAP stops maintenance of that solution, so you should consider a move to SAP S/4HANA as soon as possible.
- When your organization is not ready for a comprehensive transformation but wants to upgrade its ERP capabilities, an SAP S/4HANA license can be the right choice.
In the complex world of enterprise technology, choosing the right solution can significantly impact an organization's growth and success. RISE with SAP, GROW with SAP, and SAP S/4HANA cater to different business needs and objectives. As you consider your organization's goals and priorities, carefully evaluating the features and benefits of each solution will guide you towards making the best decision for your unique business journey.